The overall objective of the ENPROSC is to contribute towards improving the quality of Nepalese citizens’ life primarily through its activities directed at addressing multiple aspects of environment and development. Water resources, natural resources utilization, community forestry and sociocultural aspects of national development will be the primary sectors of its interest and expertise. The center’s approach is research education, training, awareness campaigns and policy recommendations (development plan/ projects to mitigate negative environmental impacts) towards sustainable environment. Guided by the above major thrust, the ENPROSC’s have been working on :
- Conducting studies for socioeconomic and environmental aspects of water resources, transport and industrial projects in general including community forestry and roads: population , poverty, archaeological and cultural resources of development projects in particular.
- Areas of health and sanitation, forest conservation and watershed management – public awareness campaign with special emphasis on sustainable development.
- Organizing seminars and workshops on “Biodiversity and Development” issues targeting academics, policy and decision makers.
- Providing consultations to developers and proponents about environmental impacts arising from development activities.
- Developing itself as a focal point for environmental research in various aspects of the nature and society.
- Establishment of open access environmental documentation and study center.