Environment Protection and Study Center’s Bylaws
Understanding the need to conserve the daily degrading national environment, this Environment Protection and Study Center has been established and is guided by the core motivation of general awareness and other developmental activities including uplifting lifestyle of the general public through required research, education and vocational trainings for the conservation of the environment and overall development which are to be fulfilled for complete national interest through different collaborative approaches.
- Short Title, Extension and Commencement: This organization’s shall be “वातावारण अध्ययन तथा संरक्षण केन्द्र” (Environment Protection and Study Center). These bylaws for the organization shall be effective immediately from establishment.
- Definitions: Unless the subject or context requires other, in this Bylaw;
- “Committee” means executive committee
- “Member” means any personal who has taken up and maintained the membership of the organization
- “Bylaws” means Environment Protection and Study Center’s operational rules
- Organization’s emblem: This organization shall have its unique stamp/ emblem which shall consist of the organization’s full name in Nepali and English Language.
- Organization’s office: This organization’s head office shall remain in Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Baneshwor 10, Kathmandu and field offices can be established throughout Nepal only upon authorization from local officials.
Organization’s objectives, work provisions
- Organization’s Objectives: This organization shall have the following objectives
- Conduct environment assessments for different projects.
- Raise General awareness regarding the environment.
- Provide Consultation services regarding the environment.
- Organize networking and introductory programs for different projects.
- Raise publicity about the environment in general public.
- Organize programs in collaboration with different national and international organization, agencies and stakeholders.
- Conduct community based economic surveys.
- Conduct socio economic surveys.
- Provide training related to the environment.
- Work with Department of forests while working in fields related to forests, and collaborate with soil conservation and Department of National parks and wildlife conservation and their district offices where required
- Work provisions: The organization shall conduct/provide required research, studies, consultation services, training program and other activities as per the organization’s bylaws rule no 5.
- Membership: As this is a non-governmental, nonprofit oriented organization which is established with the core aim of service, the organization’s membership can be provided to Nepali individuals with interest an interest in natural sciences (environment and other subjects) that have completed 25 years of age after they have paid the following fees
Lifetime membership Fee NPR: 1000
ordinary Membership Fee NPR: 100
- Type of membership: This organization shall have three types of memberships including ordinary, lifetime and honorary members. Ordinary membership (including executive body) will only be provided to Nepali Citizens while non Nepali Citizens will be provided with honorary membership.
- Membership fees and method of award of membership: Each member of this organization shall pay the specified membership fee and yearly renewal fee.
- Disqualification of membership : The following individuals will not be awarded membership or their memberships can be revoked if:
- If members/individuals fail to pay the membership fees for two consecutive years
- If Individuals conduct activities against the organizations objectives and values
General Assembly and Executive Committee
- General Assembly: A general assembly shall be conducted including all the members of the organization. The general assembly will be organized every year. General Assembly can only be conducted when 51% of if members are present. General assembly shall hold elections for the executive committee. The committee will be handed the responsibility of managing activities of the organization for a year and will be responsible for provided audit information of the activities performed which will need be presented and passed to/by the general assembly each year.
- Executive Committee: Chairperson, Co- Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and three (3) other individual members will for a 7 member Executive Committee. The executive committee thus formed will be liable towards the general assembly.
- Time period of Executive Committee: The executive committee thus formed will work as office bearers for three years.
- Executive Committee’s Meeting: Normally the executive committee’s meeting will be summoned/ organized once every month however, if required the executive committee can summoned at any time required. As per the chairperson’s direction’s the secretary shall summon the executive committee and provide information on the meeting’s time, place and the subject matters to be discussed prior to the meeting.
- Executive Committees’ duties, responsibilities and jurisdictions: The executive committee shall work as per rule 5 and 6 in the bylaws and organize activities accordingly to fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
Executive Committee’s Duties and Responsibilities
- The executive committee’s work, duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Chairperson: To network with other stakeholders, provide required directions to the executive committee so as to fulfill this organization’s objectives and chair the meetings organized.
- Co- Chairperson: To assist the Chairperson and fulfill the responsibilities of the chairperson if/when the chairperson is absent.
- Secretary: To fulfill the responsibilities provided by the executive committee, summon meetings, communicate and execute the decisions from the meetings.
- Treasurer: To manage the complete incomes and expenses details of the organization, prepare financial details and present then to the executive committee’s meetings.
- Members duties:
- To be actively involved in the organization’s activities for successful completion/ implementation.
- Execute the responsibilities provided by Executive committee.
- Other works
- Election: The executive committee shall set a three member election committee to fulfill the responsibility of election for executive committee. Secrecy will be maintained in elections in all levels when not concluded in 100% majority.
Treasury and Financial Audit
- Income Source: Membership charge, Service charge and financial support received will be the organization’s source of Income.
- Treasury: The fund received in the name of the organization will be maintained in a bank and mobilized with joint signatures of Chairperson and Secretary/Treasurer.
- Financial Audit: The incomes and expenses report (audit report) will have to be verified by a government authorized auditor and will have to be presented to the executive committee. The audit report will be presented each year to local government officer and Social Welfare Office.
- Vote of no confidence: A proposal for vote of no-confidence can be presented against any member/ executive member by unanimity of at least ¼ members on the grounds of performing activities that are against the organization’s objectives or on the grounds of performing activities that can harm the organization as a whole. The member(s) against whom the vote is presented will be removed from the current position(s) being held if the proposal thus presented is approved in the general assembly with 2/3 majority of votes from general members; however such individuals against whom the vote for no confidence has been filed will be provided a proper opportunity for clarification.
- Provisions regarding election: A general assembly will be organized as per the rules within the first 6 months from the establishment/ registration of the organization and an executive committee will be elected from the general assembly. Concerned Bodies will be notified about it.
- Inactivity: If any of the provisions or rules contradicts the prevalent law in Nepal, the contradicting paragraph(s) and sentences will be deemed automatically inactive.
- Amendment to Bylaws: Amendments can be made to the organization’s bylaws if the proposed amendments are approved by 2/3 majority members from general assembly. The amendments thus made to the bylaws will come into effect only after getting approval from local governmental authority.
- Formation of Rules: The authority to make additional/new rules or sub-rules under this bylaw remains under the executive committee.
- Dismissal of the organization: If the organization stops functioning or is dismissed for not following the organizations bylaws or under any other grounds, all the properties and rights of the organization will be transferred to Government of Nepal.
- Provisions for Advisors: For the purpose of taking necessary advice and directions, the organization will be able to post individuals/ experts as advisory committee which shall be composed of experienced individuals from the field of environment or related field.